Reducing anxiety can be as simple as making different food choices. Try mixing these foods in to your diet and you may also notice an improved mood and clear mind:
1. Cashews. They are full of tryptophan, the precursor for the production of serotonin, which is a feel-good hormone in the brain.
2. Blueberries. Packed with phytonutrients and antioxidants, this superfood is linked to decreased stress.
3. Acai Berries. Just like blueberries, researchers have found this to be the newest superfood packed with calming nutrients.
4. Almonds. Filled with zinc, almonds can balance your mood. They also have healthy fats that are part of a balanced diet. Not to mention, they are fool of iron, which can battle brain fatigue and boost energy.
5. Chocolate. Thank goodness! But reach for the dark stuff. It can reduce cortisol, a stress horomone that causes anxiety.