This is a maximal effort test which typically lasts between 8-12 minutes, including warm-up and cool-down. The test will be performed on an exercise bike. You will be wearing a face mask that will be attached to a Korr Metabolic Cart. After you’ve completed your test, your results will be printed and reviewed immediately. Key elements of the report will include: maximum HR, O2 Pulse, absolute VO2 max, relative VO2 max, pulmonary ventilation rate, work output or watts/minute, as well as aerobic and anaerobic thresholds. The test also provides training zones and data for desired training results. We will walk you through the results of your test and answer any questions you may have.
How to Prepare for your upcoming visit!
VO2 Cardio Fitness Test
• Limit your activity before your visit (no exercise!)
• Wear (or bring) workout clothes and athletic shoes
• This test is done on an exercise bike (10-15 minutes at the most)
• Weight limit for the exercise bike is 330lbs
• You will be wearing a face mask to perform this test
• Please carefully read and review the attached PAR-Q (physical activity readiness questionnaire) form prior to your visit