The end of summer is in sight, which means we may as well take advantage of drinking smoothies while the warm weather lasts! Plus, there are loads of benefits to a fruit and veggie packed smoothie. (Yes, veggie! No longer are smoothies only comprised of fruit!)
Here is a recipe that adds in nutrition packed veggies and fruit to make a smoothie that receives rave reviews. Give it a shot and chances are you may even notice a boost in energy.
- 2 cups kale removed from stem
- 2 large stalks of celery chopped
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- 1/3 grapefruit
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 6 ounces of water
Wash all the vegetables and place in a bowl.
Add 6 ounces of water into a blender with celery, cucumber, and grapefruit
Blend for 30 seconds
Add all other ingredients and keep blending for another 30 seconds – 1 minute
Plus, here are five benefits of adding green smoothies into your diet.
- Improved circulation
- Strengthened immune system
- Promotion of healthy digestion
- Improved liver, gall bladder and kidney function
- Cleared congestion, especially in lungs by reducing mucus